Monday, November 21, 2011

Military Chic

 It's that time again!  I've joined up with the Bloggers Do It Better movement to show you what I think is Military Chic.


Today's outfit features a jacket that, while maintains a structured look, fits and feels like a sweater! I also get to debut my Sam Edelman over the knee boots, which I purchased for a steal at Nordstrom Rack.  Why I never shopped at Nordstrom Rack until now, I will never understand.


Underneath the jacket is a sweater dress, that I featured in this Für Elisse post, called "Haute Cloche".  I just wanted to give a slight pop of color, and not take away from the button detailing of both the jacket and the boots!


 There's a bit of slouch at the ankle, but overall, these boots fit me very well.  I'm also digging the belt/buckle detailing!



Jacket: vintage; Sweater Dress: H&M; Tights: purchased in Sicily; Boots: Sam Edelman

Is there anything military chic in your closet?

19 comments:

  1. da-yum! sweet jacket AND boots! i don't have anything as iconic as this jacket, but i do have a khaki jacket with big brass buttons.

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE military jackets! your outfit looks amazing. great steal on the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are amazing!!!! & I own too many military pieces to count! love them!


    xo Jackie
    …livingaftermidnite
    SHOP MY MARK. EBOUTIQUE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh. Super love your boots!!!! This military chic look is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jacket is killer! My submission for this challenge is nowhere near as cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the military coat you got! it's amazing how buttons can transfer something completely different huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. aside from that shotgun tucked in the corner of my closet, there's no military items! lol i like the look the you have here, maybe because it's all black with a pop of color so it's not so overdone. not a fan of lots of studs and buttons, but i like your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look fab elisse!! rock it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh!! You are rockin' that outfit!! Love the boots and the military jacket. Nordstrom Rack is awesome!! I haven't been back in a while. I'll definitely need to make a trip back soon. Have you been to DSW? That's also shoe heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool jacket! I don't think I own anything as military as that actually, although I did in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the outfit girl

    Id love for you to check out my blog and follow! Let me know and Ill follow back!

    Don't forget to check out my blogging secret santa. Its going to be fun fun!

    can't wait,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that jacket paired with those boots!
    http://alwayssaygrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have any military items in my closet but I love the look! You do a great job of putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow i really love the jacket and boots! you look awesome dear <3

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Military chic is one of my favorite looks. I love the tough edge that it gives feminine pieces.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the jacket with the boots - I don't really have anything military inspired so didn't take part of the challenge, but love seeing others that are!

    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness I LOVE that Jacket Elisse! Can't believe its Vintage! You totally rock the military look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nothing military in my closet : ). love the outfit you put together!

    ReplyDelete