Monday, December 12, 2011

Co-worker Approved: The Belt Makes the Difference

Dress: Blue Sketch ; Blazer: Dynamite; Leggings: Talula; Boots: Kelsi Dagger; Watch, bracelet, necklace, earrings: The Usual Suspects

 I apologize in advance for the quality of these photos.  They were quickly taken with an iPhone (and edited with the Luminance app) as I originally had no plans to photograph this outfit.  

But I felt compelled to post about this, given the amount of comments this outfit I got at work.  You see, I've worn this dress dozens of times in the six months I've been at my current job.  Thing is, nobody made mention of it until I wore it last Thursday.

Apparently what  made the difference was this belt I paired it with - a cute bow belt with dangling chain detail from H&M.  You can't see it in the first photo, so I took a close up (using my front-facing camera) below: 


 The boots are grey, and you have previously seen them in this post. 


This outfit wasn't pre-planned.  Actually, I hadn't done my laundry, and scrambled to pull something together with whatever clean clothes were in the closet.  Thank goodness I had just got the blazer back from the dry cleaners!!!

And who knew this outfit would be such a hit!?!  I'll have to remember to pair these items together again in the future!

3 comments:

  1. looks great! i need to find more dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute Elisse! I love the dress with the belt, what a great touch! I'm glad you took pics to share it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.. i do love the dress and the belt together!! can't wait until a H&M opens near me...

    ReplyDelete