Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Usual Suspects

I might as well put it out there - there are some key accessories that you may find me wearing alongside my varying outfits. Glam, low-key, or work-specific, here are some of my regular pieces of jewelry. I can't help it - I'm a creature of habit!

As I write this post, I think of the sentimental value of each of these pieces as they remind me of a different people in my life that I am so grateful for!

Hubby has fantastic taste when picking out wristwatches. When I asked him to help me choose a larger-faced watch, he picked this one out. That was a few years ago - and I still get compliments today!!



When I visited my family in the Philippines a few years ago, I couldn't help but admire my aunt's earrings. Imagine my surprise when she practically peeled them off her own ears and thrust them into my hands. Better yet, she remembered how much I loved her earrings that she bought me a similar set with matching necklace as a wedding gift.

Every time I think of her, I am reminded of her generosity.



This bracelet was literally taken from my mother's dresser! She loves how I wear it most of the time, which is virtually everyday.


My favorite necklace, courtesy of the Bestie. She bought us identical Tiffany necklaces as my combined birthday/finishing-grad-school gift. (Now that she's in grad school, I can't wait to gift her with a similar Tiffany piece when she's done next year. )


What are your tried-and-true accessories?

10 comments:

  1. beautiful accessories and so vintage! i want them <3

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of them! i've been wearing a lot more accessories lately; most of them from F21 and i mix and match. i wish i had my ears pierced again; sometimes i want to get them redone just to wear stella and dot earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those earrings are really pretty! I love the gold! and ass tiffany :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have my round tiffany pendant that i wear like it's twin attached to my hip and my tiffany bangle. my watches rotate so as my earrings. i have other tiffany items and those always have sentimental value not because of the brand, because i know way back when i couldn't afford them i would just hope that one day i could. now that i can, it will always remind me of my hard work, as i don't get my money from trees. since i work with children and families, i like to think that for every family or child i help, i get a piece. or something like that, otherwise, i'd be back to my poor college student days! LOL

    i remember when we were in vegas and i let you borrow the vegas bling necklace and earrings, and i was like, "oohhh, those earrings would look great with the necklace." and you were like, "umm, these don't come off..." LOL and that's where i learned about the sentimental value of your earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous pieces


    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had more pieces that have sentimental value to it. So far, I have my mom's charm bracelet (minus the charms) and I get lots of compliments on it. The other is baby gold hoop earrings that my sister-in-law got for me in the Philippines. I have not taken them off in 2008 when she gave them to me.

    The pieces you featured are great. I like what you and your bestie did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only accessory I wear on a regular basis is my wedding&engagement ring. I'm in the works of getting more accessories. I'm lacking so much!! I used to wear a watch regularly but now I don't. I don't remember why I stopped.
    Love how each of your accessory has meaning. That's really cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that watch.
    I have a Tiffany ring that I wear every single day. It's my favorite piece of jewelry without a doubt. Well, that and my engagement ring. Duh.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have my favorites, too. i always wear the same watch (well, i have one with silver accents and one with gold), and a silver/gold star cuff that i always wear. i just pile other stuff on top of it! love those earrings. it's great to have pieces with meaning.

    i hat to fight the mini for some of my mom's pieces and told her there's an ORDER to things being passed down, lol! she has to wait for me to pass them down to her!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these pieces! I have a white watch my bros gave me last year for my birthday and I wear it a lot (when I wear a watch). Then I have some pearls given to me by my hubby and some jewelry given to me by my mom. Love. :-)

    ReplyDelete