Monday, October 17, 2011

In a Pinch: bow-tied

Today's post features this super-fun bow-tie blouse from H and M. At only $9.95, it's a great option for those who are unsure if this type of blouse is right for her.


I scrambled to put this outfit together, and rushed out the door to get to work. It was one of those days where I had to look for a clean pair of pants to wear, as I haven't done laundry in a few days :( The nice part is that I haven't been able to fit them since last December :)


There are those Frye boots again - back when I purchased them a few years ago, I was balking at the price. Now I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Blouse: H and M; Skinny cargo pants: Costa Blanca; Boots: Frye; Earrings, Watch, Bracelet (not shown): The Usual Suspects
A very special thanks goes to my friend, Brigitta who is a budding photographer, and offered to take these photos for me!

Do you own a bow-tie blouse? Would you consider purchasing one?

12 comments:

  1. i wish i could; they're so romantic but they unfortunately fall into the ruffled blouse category for me (ie makes me look like a frosted cake).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only $9.95! What a fantastic purchase Elisse and so pretty. And frye boots are a great purchase, they will last you forever so you made a great investment a couple of years ago. . .they still look like new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are pros and cons of not having an H&M nearby... pros: I get to save $9.95 on blouses such as this... cons: I don't get a $9.95 deal like that! Ah, such is life! The nearest H&M is 4 hours away! :) By the way, I do own a couple of bow-tie blouses... one of them I've had for 4 years now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting one of these blouses!
    I need it for my Halloween costume (don't worry, its someone fabulously fashionable ;] )
    Simply, Melissa Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bow blouses are such a classic look. You look so cute in yours.

    I have a white bow blouse from Zara, and a high-necked red plaid bow blouse from Forver 21. It's funny, I get a ton of compliments whenever I wear the F21 one, and the boy once told me he really loves that shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute!! I can't believe it's only $9.95!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pieces. The shirt is my favorite. I love that you paired it up with cargo pants and not a pair of jeans or trousers. It has that casual look, but still sophisticated. The top is only 10.00 from H&M? I've got to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the bow blouse. very gossip girl!!!
    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blouse! pussybow is definitely the shape of the season


    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you fitting in the pants!!
    http://alwayssaygrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the top ! i'm follow back you

    http://newsabesabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been on the search for the perfect bow tie shirt! this one is a great option now i just have to see if my h&m has it!

    xo Jackie
    ...livingaftermidnite
    SHOP MY MARK. EBOUTIQUE

    ReplyDelete